I am currently running a raffle to raise funds for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation in memory of my mum, Margaret Lines. By the time we draw this raffle, it will be two years since we lost mum - everyone in the family misses her enormously and thinks about her every day. We know that far too many people are affected by this awful disease and through this, I really hope that we can raise a lot of money for a charity that does fantastic work on the early detection and treatment of cancer, and the trialing of the new drugs that will eventually beat it.
I am fortunate that the kind of work I do means I have some very useful contacts for this kind of thing and I am hugely grateful for the amazing prize donations that I have received. I think it’s safe to say that some of them would normally be reserved for an auction and go to the highest bidder, but I really wanted to give everyone at least a chance to win something. The main prizes are:
- An England football shirt, dedicated to the winner and signed by David Beckham
- A signed and framed photograph of Seb Coe, Steve Cram and Steve Ovett in action at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics
- A tennis racket signed by Andy Murray
- A signed copy of the book ‘Mountaineer’ by Sir Chris Bonington
- A box for 10 people for a race meeting at Newcastle Racecourse
- A £50 voucher for Marks & Spencer
- A selection of the latest Berghaus clothing and equipment
- A bottle of House of Lords whisky
- Tickets for next season’s Twenty20 matches at Durham County Cricket Club
- A bottle of 12 years aged single malt Glenlivet whisky.
If you're interested, the raffle tickets are £5 for a book (or £1 each) and available from me; I can be reached on 07971 868329 or email@example.com. The raffle will be drawn at a special charity fundraising event at Sedgefield Racecourse on 29th October (details from me), which will feature leading North East band the Emerald Thieves. Prize-winners who are not there on the night will be notified afterwards by telephone or post.